Hotell Fars Hatt HFH AB.
Hotell Fars Hatt (referred to in this document as “HFH” and “we”/“us”) wants to protect your privacy. Consequently, we would like to tell you about how we collect and use personal data, as defined below.
By using this site or a mobile app (the “Site”), providing personal data to HFH, or otherwise indicating that you give your consent to receive marketing and other information from us, you also consent to all the processing carried out by us in order to manage your personal data as set out in this policy.
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this policy, please refrain from using this Site or from providing HFH with any personal data via our site or anywhere else.
This policy does not deal with data collected, used, or disclosed by third parties. This policy has been designed to broadly describe how we process data.
Should any provision in these terms and conditions not be permitted under law in your country, you agree to the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions that are permitted under law for the maximum period of time allowed by law.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
HFH may collect “personal data” from you. Personal data is information that identifies you as an individual, or information that may help identify you.
For example, we collect:
contact information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and phone number;
your billing address, including other payment and billing information (“payment information”), membership information for the Best Western Rewards® (“BWR®”) loyalty programme; documentation and copies of your correspondence with us when you contact us; information that is necessary for us to fulfil special requests and enquiries (e.g. health conditions that require a special room); guest information, including information about your arrival and departure dates and the types of products and services you have purchased; and, in some cases, information about your creditworthiness.
We collect personal data about you from a number of sources, including: our website; reservations and customer service from a third party; social media and the brand’s digital channels (e.g. Facebook and Instagram) when you voluntarily provide us with your personal data, including data provided to us to enable us to register you in the Best Western loyalty programme (Best Western Rewards®(”BWR®”)).
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
HFH collects personal data on its guests, visitors to the Site, and others in order to provide them with an experience that meets their needs and wishes.
HFH may collect, use, and disclose personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Making a reservation or processing an enquiry for information In order for us to action a request from you, such as a credit card transaction or a reservation made using our reservation system, or to send you marketing, information, or newsletters when you request them (and to personalise this information according to your preferences). When you make a reservation via HFH’s reservation system, you consent to our collecting your payment information and using this to make your reservation.
- Administrative and other communication This is in order to give you important information concerning the Site, changes to our terms and conditions and policies, and other administrative information (e.g. information about your reservations, including reservation confirmations).
- Marketing In order to carry out marketing activities (collectively known as “Marketing”). We normally ask you for a certain type of personal data when you choose to participate in or already participate in this type of marketing, and in the event that you win a prize. We use this type of personal data to administer the marketing. Participating in this type of marketing is completely voluntary, and you can choose whether or not you wish to disclose your personal data.
- Surveys In order to carry out surveys and in order to ask you to respond to our questionnaires so that we can offer better products and services to our guests and visitors to our website. Participating in a survey and answering a questionnaire are entirely voluntary.
- Customer service In order for us to track, manage, and respond to customer service enquiries, and to improve and enhance the customer experience. In addition, you consent to our transferring your personal data to third-party service providers for them to track, manage, and respond to customer service enquiries
- Internal business purposes For our internal business purposes such as data analysis, audits, the development of new products, improvement of the Site and our services, identification of new user trends and visitor patterns, and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- Our legal responsibility In order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or a claim in accordance with the law, a court judgement, a lawsuit, or other legal process.
- Other uses We may use your personal data in other ways than those described above in this policy, provided that you consent to our using this data in other ways than those mentioned above.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
Third-party service providers HFH uses a number of third-party service providers to provide products and services, including reservation services, credit card/payment management, billing, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, communication and marketing e-mail and postal delivery services, and similar services.
You authorise us to share your personal data with third parties to enable us to provide the services that are necessary for the ongoing operation of HFH.
When we outsource the processing of your personal data to a third-party service provider, we require this third party to protect your personal data by way of all necessary security measures and to limit its use of your personal data to only those purposes for which we have disclosed the data.
- Marketing Personal data that you share with us for marketing may be shared with third-party marketing sponsors (regardless of whether this marketing is our own) or otherwise shared in accordance with the rules for this type of marketing.
- Restructuring In accordance with this policy, we are entitled to transfer all the data we collect in the event of a reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, takeover, transfer, or another structuring of assets or shares (including in connection with any form of bankruptcy or the like). Authorised successors or recipients are authorised to use your personal data as described in this policy.
- Social networking forums HFH is authorised to create interactive services (e.g. message boards, forums, and blogs) where you can upload data and material. All data that you share using these services is public and may be accessible by other users of the Site and the public. We encourage you to exercise discretion and caution when sharing your personal data or any other type of information via these services. If you voluntarily choose to share your personal data via such a forum, it may be accessible by the public and may be used by third parties for unknown purposes.
- Legal compliance, emergencies, and courtesy We are authorised to share your personal data (I) when we have reason to believe this is necessary in order to identify, contact, or take legal action against persons or entities that are damaging to you, HFH, or other parties; (II) when we believe this is required by law or regulations (including laws and regulations outside your home country); (III) if required in a lawsuit, court judgement, or other legal process; (IV) to establish and exercise our legal rights, defend ourselves in legal proceedings, or protect our operations and the operations of HFH; (V) to protect the rights, confidentiality, security, or property of HFH and third parties; (VI) to investigate, prevent, or intervene in suspected illegal acts; (VII) to investigate, prevent, or intervene in suspected fraud; (VIII) to investigate, prevent, or intervene in situations involving potential threats to the physical health of one or more people; (IX) to investigate, prevent, or intervene in acts that constitute a breach of contract or policy; or (X) as otherwise required or permitted under law.
- Credit checking When you apply for credit from HFH, your personal data will be used and shared with third parties as necessary in accordance with applicable legislation in order to determine whether you are entitled to credit and whether the credit institution will approve our giving you credit.
You consent to HFH collecting “non-personal data”, which means aggregated and/or anonymised data, demographic data, and other data that does not reveal your identity.
Since non-personal data cannot identify you personally, we may use and share this data within HFH and with third parties for any purpose, including but not limited to managing and improving your access to and use of our Site, tailoring our services to best suit your personal preferences, analysing visitor patterns, improving our customer service, and our other business purposes.
When you navigate the Site, you consent to us and our service providers collecting certain non-personal data, such as your type of operating system (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, OS version, and web browser and version by using automated data collection technology.
In addition, you consent to our using third-party providers to undertake tracking and marketing on HFH’s behalf, in order to track and analyse your use of our Site by using the same automated data collection technologies.
These third parties will collect and share data with us in any way we wish.
Usage information regarding your visits to our Site, measurement and research relating to the effectiveness of our marketing, and the tracking of site visits and the routes visitors take when they visit our Site all help us to evaluate and track the use of our internet banner marketing on our Site and other websites, as well as to track the use of other links from the websites of our marketing partners to our Site.
We have no control over the tracking techniques used by these third parties. Should you have any questions regarding a campaign or other content, please contact the responsible supplier directly.
You consent to our collecting information related to cookies. A cookie is a simple text file stored on your computer or mobile device by a website server.
It contains anonymous information, such as unique identification and the name of the website, as well as some figures and numbers. Cookies enable websites to remember your preferences, as well as items that you’ve added to your shopping basket.
Most browsers have instructions for how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. The “Help” function of your browser should tell you how to go about this.
Alternatively, you can visit WWW.ALLABOUTCOOKIES.ORG, which offers detailed information on how to disable cookies for a wide range of browsers.
Your IP address is a number that your internet service provider automatically assigns to your computer when you are browsing this Site. This number is automatically identified and recorded in our server log when users visit the Site, together with the time of each visit and the page or pages visited. The collection of IP addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many websites.
We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels for the Site, diagnose server problems, validate legitimate user sessions via Google® captcha, and to manage the Site.
We process IP addresses, server log files, and related non-personal data, except when we are required by law to process them differently.
DO NOT TRACK
Your browser may allow you to select your preferences for allowing websites to continuously collect data on your online activities on various websites or when using various online services.
This Site does not currently work with such Do Not Track services or similar preferences that you may be able to configure in your browser. The Site will continue to collect data as described in this policy.
We do, however, allow some choice when it comes to the collection of data by way of adjusting your browser’s cookie settings as mentioned in the section on “non-personal data” above.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. These linked websites (which may include the websites of HFH partners or third parties) are outside of HFH’s control, so we are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of any such linked website (or any link on these websites).
We provide such links for convenience. The inclusion of a link on the Site does not constitute HFH’s endorsement of the linked website.
Should you decide to visit a third-party site linked on this Site, you do so at your own risk and in accordance with the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies that apply to these websites.
Since your personal data and its security are important to us, we’ve implemented security measures that put in place appropriate precautions to protect against the unauthorised access to or the sharing, alteration, or destruction of personal data.
The personal data we collect from you is stored by us and/or our service providers. It is protected by way of a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other appropriate security measures.
Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, access, alteration, or misuse of personal data.
Where required by law, we will inform you of any loss, access, alteration, or misuse of personal data that may affect you so that you can take appropriate measures to protect your rights.
We may notify you by post, e-mail, or phone, depending on our legal obligations.
Please do not send payment information or other sensitive information by e-mail or other non-secure messaging function (e.g. entering your credit card number in a comment field).
Should you have reason to believe that your communication with us is no longer secure (e.g. if you believe an account you use with us has been hacked), you must tell us immediately by contacting our customer service department in one of the ways stated below in this policy.
Please note that if you choose to notify us by post, it will take us longer to take action.
You can always choose which personal data (if any) you want to share with us. If you choose not to share certain data with us, this may affect your customer experience.
For example, we cannot make a reservation without saving and processing personal data such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. The purpose of this processing is to communicate with you before and during your stay with us, as well as to make bookings for hotels, conferences, groups, tables, and banquet events.
We will endeavour to fulfil your request to remove your personal data as quickly as reasonably possible.
In some areas, data laws or other legislation may require us to obtain your consent before sending you information
that you have not specifically requested. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied (e.g. when communication is required in order to fulfil your request and/or you have shared data with us voluntarily).
In other situations, we may need to ask for your consent (e.g. if the data collected is deemed sensitive under local laws).
If you don’t want us to use your contact details for marketing our or third-party products and services, you can choose to opt out of this type of marketing or revoke your earlier consent by contacting the customer service department as described in the “Contact us” section of this policy.
If you have received marketing e-mails from us and no longer wish to receive such e-mails, you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe function in the e-mail message received. When you unsubscribe, you will no longer receive any marketing e-mails from us, and therefore your contact details will be deleted.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing e-mails as described above, we cannot remove your personal data from third-party databases that we may have already shared your personal data with.
RIGHT OF ACCESS AND RIGHT OF AMENDMENT
HFH may authorise you to review certain personal data through the Site or other digital means. Details of how you can review your data online is generally available on the Site or on the printed material on which this type of personal data was first provided.
Under applicable law, you may be entitled to access the personal data we hold on you or have it deleted or amended. Where necessary, you can request that we update this personal data, such as if you feel it is incomplete, invalid, or outdated.
You can also ask us if we hold personal data relating to you. HFH will try to respond to your request as well as we can, but we may be unable to provide, delete, or amend all aspects of your personal data.
For example, HFH may be unable to amend, provide, or delete personal data relating to you if this would entail an unreasonable burden or cost, or if it would involve HFH also deleting data on another person.
In addition, under certain circumstances, you have a legal right to ask us to stop using your personal data on the grounds that it has been collected in an improper or unlawful manner.
HFH will satisfy such requests in the manner and within the time frame required by law and, where permitted by law, we may charge you an appropriate fee to cover the cost of our fulfilling your request.
Any such requests as listed above must be submitted in writing to HFH’s customer service department as described in the “Contact us” section of this policy.
Please include your full name, address, and phone number, as well as a copy of a document confirming your identity (e.g. ID card or passport) so that we can confirm your identity and whether we hold any personal data relating to you, and in order to contact you should we need to obtain further information.
STORAGE AND MINIMISATION OF DATA
HFH collects only personal data that we believe is necessary to provide the services you are looking for with HFH, to exercise our rights, and to fulfil our obligations as described in this policy.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as otherwise regulated by law.
COMMENTS REGARDING MINORS’ USE OF THE WEBSITE
This Site is not intended for minors (as defined by law) and so we kindly request that minors do not disclose personal data via the Site. If we discover that we have collected data on a minor under the age of 13 without having verified their parents’ consent, we will delete this data.
If you believe we hold data from or relating to a minor under the age of 13, please contact our customer service department as described in the “Contact us” section of this policy.
QUESTIONS REGARDING JURISDICTION/DATA TRANSFER
The Site and HFH are operated from Sweden in accordance with Swedish law. Visitors to our Site, those who provide us with personal data, and those who otherwise indicate their permission to receive marketing or other information from us should be aware that Swedish law may differ from the law of their home country.
HFH makes no attempt to claim or guarantee that the Site or any part of it is appropriate for or available for use in any particular jurisdiction.
Those who choose to visit the Site do so of their own volition and at their own risk. They are responsible for following all local laws, rules, and regulations. We limit access to the Site, in whole or in part, at any time, and at our sole discretion, by individuals, geographical areas, or jurisdictions if we deem it necessary.
By providing us with any type of personal data, you consent to our transferring and processing this personal data in countries other than your home country, which may include countries with a different level of data security to your home country, including Sweden, where HFH is based.
Please note that we may need to transfer your personal data to a third party under this policy. Such third parties may be located in countries deemed “adequate” under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation or other laws.
Should you have any questions regarding this policy, or should you wish to update your data or change your communication preferences, please contact us by e-mail at INFO@FARSHATT.SE, by phone on +46 (0)303-109 70, or write to us at:
Hotell Fars Hatt
Customer Service Department
Gamla Torget 2
SE-442 31 Kungälv, Sweden
Please note that e-mail communication may not be secure. Accordingly, please do not include payment information or sensitive data in your e-mail correspondence with us.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
HFH reserves the right to amend, modify, or correct this policy at any time. The date that this policy was last amended can be found at the top of this page.
If we make a significant change to the way we use your personal data, we will notify you by e-mail at the e-mail address you have provided in your account (if any) and/or by way of a message on the Site’s home page. We will give you the opportunity to refuse any new or amended use of your data.
All changes made to this policy will apply from the point we announce the revised policy on the Site. The use of the Site after such changes have been made constitutes your agreement to the revised policy and the effect of these revisions.